Markets are one of the best parts about traveling and you truly get to experience the country you are in. You’re able to wander aimlessly through the old cobblestoned streets, and discover the beauty and history of what the culture has to offer you! Take a look at some of our favorite markets throughout Italy where you’ll find all sorts of souvenirs, food, antiques, and leather goods!
1. Mercato Nuovo, Florence: Known for it’s fine Flourentine leather and souvenirs that goes on for miles!
2. Campo dei Fiori Market, Rome: Perfect location and one of oldest food markets in Italy.
3. Antiques Market, Milan: Held on every last Sunday of the month on Naviglio Grande, this place is a must! A beautiful backdrop for some of the most amazing antiques!
4. Porta Pila (Porta Pialazzo), Turin: This is THE largest open-air food market in Europe!
5. Mercato di Mezzo, Bologna: In the heart of the city you will find shoemakers, jewellery makers, food, and other products!
6. Porta Nolana Fish Market, Naples: For all you fish lovers! You must visit the area between the two towers of the Aragonese gateway. There you will find stands upon strands of all sorts of fish!