1. Explore Granada! Granada is known to have some of the best preserved and most colorful architecture in Nicaragua!
2. Calling all surfers! San Juan del Sur is the most popular beach destination in Nicaragua, and is a must to catch that perfect wave. Relax and take in the breathtaking views with a beer in hand in San Juan del Sur.
3. Volcano boarding! This is an extremely popular activity for all the thrill seekers! Backpackers hike to the top of Cerro Negro, which is an active volcano, and then board down the side of the volcano!
4. Relax on the island of Ometepe! Located in the middle of Lake Nicaragua, this is a great place to slow down and take in the sites while lounging in a hammock.
5. Visit the Stone Man: Wander north to the city of Esteli and visit the man behind the sculptures, the stone-carving hermit named Alberto that creates these carvings in the Tisey Estanzuela Natural Reserve.